Our textile range includes:
- 'Lothlorien' Possum Fur / Merino knit beanies, scarves, socks and gloves.
- Mohair throws, N.Z made. Wide variety of colours.
- Wool & velvet berets made in Coromandel, N.Z by 'Lynsey Champion'.
- 'Seriously Twisted' unique range of twisted possum fur scarves & shawls.
- Large range of exotic scarves.
- 'Riverweaver' handloomed N.Z kid mohair scarves & shawls.
- 'Jill Mains' iconic N.Z range of scarves, womens merino & cotton clothing, throws, cushions, bags. All designed and made here in N.Z
- 'Aroha' Merino T-shirts
- 'Selke' N.Z made leather & suede hats
- 'Brass Monkey' Superior N.Z made Merino underwear
- Selection of N.Z Flags & Tea towels
About Possums - "FUR WITH A CONSCIENCE"
The possum is a nocturnal marsupial the size of a large cat with soft luxurious fur which is 8% warmer and 14% lighter than wool. It's soft and silky fibre is hollow so it retains heat and repels moisture, making it extremely warm to wear.
The possum population has increased rapidly throughout the country. Possums cause considerable ecological damage to our forests and native birds including our national icon the Kiwi bird. The New Zealand Government is committed to reducing the possum population and any commercial use is encouraged. So now you can enjoy the luxurious look and feel of real fur, while helping your natural environment.
home :: about RUMA :: nz possum fur & merino :: jewellery :: antiques & furniture :: collectables :: tribal art :: contact
Right Up My Alley (RUMA) - 1 Wainui Rd, Open 7 days, Tel (07) 825 7004 mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org